Friday 13 July 2012

Search for an University

    Now that I have decided to study abroad, I have to search for an university that could take me. Of course the first priority is towards arranging funds for college, but I will leave that to a separate post. Since there was no opportunity of me getting into USA or Australia, main reason being, I have to show ~20 Lacs in my account. I totally can't afford that. Here, I would like to tell you about one of my friend who is happily married and living in Sweden. She shifted my mind towards EU. She is one of the great contributor in my decision for taking up studies abroad. I wanna thank her for that, and I certainly owe her. She is an recent immigrant to Sweden and she persuaded me in taking up Masters in Sweden. She also told me that Sweden was free of tuition fee in Universities up until 2011. Damn, I thought, I missed the opportunity of getting a degree free of cost. Now, when I was planning to go to Sweden for studies, the tuition fee when converted to Indian Rupee reaches ~18-20 Lacs. This clearly is beyond my budget.
     Well, the majority of the world has literally kicked me out in getting a foreign degree. I never quit searching the internet to look for any university (I am gonna call Univ hereafter, don't ask my why.) wherein the fee is affordable. I stumbled upon an education consultant who directed me towards Latvia. I also got an assurance that compared to other countries of the world, this place has comparatively lower tuition fee. Hmm...this looked promising until I found a person from the same univ telling me not to join. I will surely blog about this person and how I met him( Better Use of Communication ). The main reason being unemployment. There, Latvia kicked me out too. I was not disheartened. I asked him to suggest me some place else. 
     He suggested me to look for Estonia. I have heard of that place in my history classes. I clearly remember seeing this place when I was looking through the universities in Latvia. But back then I ignored it. May be because I was too scared to imagine myself in a new place not known to me. I started googling about Estonia. First thing that attracted me was that the Skype was developed here, I never knew that. Further browsing through loads of web pages gave me most of the times some positive things about this country. I thought its time to meet someone from this place (BUoC) to get to know about this place better.


Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment