Friday 13 July 2012

A Desire to Study Abroad

                Like many Indians(???) I too have a desire to settle abroad. I love the western lifestyle, I had been thinking this for quite sometime (actually for years) now. I had an opportunity to visit US once, it was a business trip and I was greatly influenced by the life there. The place where I went was not a rush-hour city, at-least it was not a city of mayhem. People being extra-ordinary friendly and leading a peaceful life (at least that is what I saw mostly). It was a real short-trip lasting only for a month. When I was back in Chennai, I had to go through some real tough times in my office(not so nostalgic), but I won't deny saying there were some real fun moments and I really got a great load of friends there. One of them ended being my roomy.
                             
       Let me come to the point, I decided to quit and look for some other job. I have a buddy, we go long back to 15 yrs or so, who is in Australia now and I would very often receive calls from him describing the life abroad. I thought, may be I should try getting a job abroad, and who knows, may be that is where my future awaits. By the time I thought of  looking for work abroad. The Australian Work Visa has been stopped for that year. I didn't care to research the reason behind it, heard about recessions and presumed that would be an apt reason. I don't want to quote USA here, since by the time I am writing this, it was real tough to even think of getting a work VISA. 

       I am not the kind of guy who does great in academics, I am an average student. It doesn't matter, whether you get a foreign degree or not, the moment you are registered to a foreign university, you become the star in the eyes of your surrounding. Relatives/Neighbors  in India hold a unique respect to one who is a foreign-return or is in abroad. I thought may be I should be earning some of that respect. Since I have quit now, I was seriously thinking of doing something worth my lifetime. 

Here starts my journey of studying abroad. 

Should I be even worried,since I have started this on Friday the 13th.